Skip to content

Getting Eror When Started NodeBB

Solved Configure

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

• 6 Votes
    13 Posts

@phenomlab yes, search page is fixed 🙂 thanks 👍

• 2 Votes
    18 Posts

@Panda You’ll need to do that with js. With some quick CSS changes, it looks like this

d619844f-fbfe-4cf1-a283-6b7364f6bf18-image.png

The colour choice is still really hard on the eye, but at least you can now read the text

• Fixed background to nodebb forum

Solved Configure
    4 Votes
    25 Posts
    1k Views

@Panda said in Fixed background to nodebb forum:

Chatgpt told me the ::before method.

Go figure 😛

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts

@mventures Quick reply is basically exactly that. However, it’s possible to trigger the full composer as below

82ca1209-31be-4a51-a641-9887b5a238b8-image.png

Failing that, you’ll need to use the reply button in the sticky toolbar

1d230bcb-ff8e-4756-94f7-6e2fb7a94bc4-image.png

• NodeBB: Favicon upload issue

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    12 Posts

@phenomlab I am on a Mac, so I used the “Option + Command + I”, and then performed the steps. It loaded my favicon! I checked on Firefox which I haven’t used before, and it showed my favicon also! That’s fantastic and thank you for the help!

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts

@mventures the swatch feature you refer to isn’t a NodeBB plugin, but a utility that I wrote that handles this. It is available for v2 (as you can see here) but I’ve stopped developing and releasing the code because it has been entirely rewritten to work for v3.

If you’d like the code, this is possible, but you’ll need to upgrade to v3 first.

• 1 Votes
    2 Posts

@phenomlab

In fact I specified the sub rep and not the rep

DON’T DO THIS:

nodebb@nodebbpwclonedb:~/nodebb$ sudo mongorestore --username admin --password XXXXXXXXXXXXXX --nsInclude nodebb.objects --drop /home/nodebb/nodebb_DB_20230107/nodebb/

BUT THIS :

nodebb@nodebbpwclonedb:~/nodebb$ sudo mongorestore --username admin --password XXXXXXXXXXXXXX --nsInclude nodebb.objects --drop /home/nodebb/nodebb_DB_20230107/

🙂

• nginx can't start again

Moved Solved Configure
    2 Votes
    20 Posts

@elhana-fine Yes that will happen of of course if you still choose to restart the NGINX service after making a change and the test fails. The test on it’s own will state the error and the line number allowing you to fix that first 🙂