Skip to content

Rotating homepage icons, gifs?

Solved Configure
  • On this page, I like the way the coloured Sudonix wheel rotates when you click on it !
    Is this a gif file?
    In my nodebb forum can I just upload a gif into the settings for forum logo to get a similar effect?

• @eveh It’s not a GIF, no. It’s actually a webp file so made much smaller, and uses keyframes to control the rotation on hover. You can easily make your own though 🙂

The CSS for that is as below

@keyframes rotate180 {
            from {
              transform: rotate(0deg);
            }

to {
              transform: rotate(180deg);
            }
          }

@keyframes rotate0 {
            from {
              transform: rotate(180deg);
            }

to {
              transform: rotate(0deg);
            }
          }

Your milage may vary on the CSS below, as it’s custom for Sudonix, but this is the class that is used to control the rotate

.header .forum-logo,
    img.forum-logo.head {
        max-height: 50px;
        width: auto;
        height: 30px;
        margin-top: 9px;
        max-width: 150px;
        min-width: 32px;
        display: inline-block;
        animation-name: rotate180, rotate0;
        animation-duration: 1000ms;
        animation-delay: 0s, 1000ms;
        animation-iteration-count: 1;
        animation-timing-function: linear;
        transition: transform 1000ms ease-in-out;
    }

• phenomlabundefined phenomlab has marked this topic as solved on

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

• Nodebb icon on google page

Solved Customisation
    4 Votes
    9 Posts

@Panda It’s been raised multiple times, but only for the open source version, and not hosted.

• Nodebb 3.2.0

Bugs
    2 Votes
    20 Posts

@crazycells yes, I’m aware of that. Need to fix

EDIT- fixed. Caused by the same CSS that is used to absolutely position the “verified” group badge in the posts view. Amended this CSS so that is specifically targets the post stream as below

li[component="post"] a[href*="/groups/verified"] { position: absolute !important; left: 8px; z-index: 2; margin-top: 1px; border-radius: 999px !important; line-height: 14px; display: block; height: 22px; margin-left: 0px !important; }
  • Composer Zen icon?

Solved Configure
    2 Votes
    8 Posts

@DownPW exactly. Not really a new concept, and in all honesty, not something I’ve ever used.

If you consider the need to add links and references, or citations, you’d need to be able to see other parts of the screen!

• Further Widgets question

Solved Configure
    1 Votes
    4 Posts

@Panda category is for a category in its own, so for example, “fruit” whereas categories is the page that contains all categories as a list.

• 24 Votes
    25 Posts

@cagatay Sure. Here’s the light theme CSS file

https://sudonix.org/assets/customcss/light.css

Others are as below

b1072f13-9bea-4129-aa68-ea9edc68830c-image.png

• Podcast Share NodeBB

Solved Configure
    4 Votes
    15 Posts

@cagatay You could experiment with nodebb-plugin-ns-embed but I expect the x-origin tag on the remote site to prevent playback.

• 3 Votes
    12 Posts

@cagatay you’ll need to define this in the body tag (or another element if you want greater or more granular targets) - for example

body { font-family: "Poppins"; font-size: 16px; }

Essentially, you use the font-size CSS directive.

• 0 Votes
    9 Posts

@downpw I’m inclined to agree with this. There isn’t much else you can do, and provided it works with no odd looking artefacts in other browsers, then ok. The :before and :after are pseudo classes and very well supported across all browsers (except perhaps Internet Exploder, but who uses that these days ?)